Be My Valentine
Do you have that special pet in your life that you love deeply? You're not alone!
Valentines day is fast approaching, which means all kinds of goodies!
As much as we love sharing things with our pets, Not all yummy treats are good for them.
Here are some tips that can help you remember:
1. Melts in your mouth, not theirs:
Believe it or not, some chocolate is worse than others. Baker's chocolate is the most toxic causing abnormally high heart rates. A hershey's kiss or two may not cause that kind of reaction, but may cause GI upset. We recommend steering clear of all things chocolaty!
2. No Candy Hearts This Time:
Sugar-free candies and gum may contain a sweetener call xylitol, which is very toxic to dogs. It may cause vomiting, seizures, loss of coordination, or liver failure.
3. Flower Power:
The aroma of those beautifully arrainged bouquets is so nice. So nice that your pet may want a sniff, or a lick. Be careful! Some flowers such as lilies are very toxic to cats. Check what your bouquet contains before you order, or make sure you have a place to put them away for your pets.
If you really want to spoil your furry friend on Valentines day, pick them up a new toy, or collar.
Always be aware of the closest Veterinary Clinic or Emergency Clinic near you in case of an emergency.
You may also call the pet poison hotline if your unsure if something is toxic.